Menu

Scholars Online French: Mary Catherine Lavissière

Has anyone's child taken French with SO taught by Mary Catherine Lavissière? I am trying to decide between SO and Potters School for my dd's 9th grade year. I believe she has had enough French to test into French 2 using either program, and eventually I plan on using Potters School due to their AP French class.

Thanks!

I can only help with Potters AP class, the teacher was okay - my dd's biggest beef was she felt by then everybody's pronunciation should be nearly fluent. She started with Potters with the AP class after 3-4 years of at-home instruction (Rosetta Stone, French in Action) and did extremely well on the AP exam.

She just wished the teacher would have done more pronunciation correction during the class time.

If you know you are going to end up there, why not start there?

I can only help with Potters AP class, the teacher was okay - my dd's biggest beef was she felt by then everybody's pronunciation should be nearly fluent. She started with Potters with the AP class after 3-4 years of at-home instruction (Rosetta Stone, French in Action) and did extremely well on the AP exam.

She just wished the teacher would have done more pronunciation correction during the class time.

If you know you are going to end up there, why not start there?

Thanks, and I agree with your dd's frustration. I do have FIA, and am debating using that at home next year (or Breaking the Barrier 2), thereby holding off on doing an online class for another year. Hmmmm.