Menu

Help Please!

RebekahnDavidMom

Hey everyone,

I am doing Elemental History with my dd and she loves it. It has a small section each week on a different state, but I would like to increase that into our geography curriculum. Does anyone have any ideas on studies of the United States state by state that would be at a K or 1st grade level? I remember seeing a blog that had a whole curriculum about it, but I can't seem to find it now. Dd is very hands on and I would like to cover stuff like flag, capital, flower, bird, maybe some regional food to cook, landmarks, anything to make it really fun and give us some great memories! Any suggestions? Thanks so much!

Andrea

but haven't done much with it. I was going to use the Dover coloring book, Geopuzzle, this cookbook, and this atlas. I also saw a great idea on someone's blog to put a map on your dining table and cover it with clear plastic from Jo-Ann fabrics. I just got my vinyl, so I'm going to do it soon and try to start using the other resources I've purchased as well. ;)

Hey everyone,

I am doing Elemental History with my dd and she loves it. It has a small section each week on a different state, but I would like to increase that into our geography curriculum. Does anyone have any ideas on studies of the United States state by state that would be at a K or 1st grade level? I remember seeing a blog that had a whole curriculum about it, but I can't seem to find it now. Dd is very hands on and I would like to cover stuff like flag, capital, flower, bird, maybe some regional food to cook, landmarks, anything to make it really fun and give us some great memories! Any suggestions? Thanks so much!

Andrea

You might be thinking of Road Trip USA.

AHHHHHH!!!!! I love you ladies and knew you'd come through! :D That is the exact blog I was looking for. thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!!! If anyone else has any ideas, I'm up for them! I found a program called Cantering Through the US (I think it's by the same people who make Galloping the Globe) today and thought that looked interesting, but seemed to be geared towards an older crowd. Any thoughts?