Menu

If you use Real Science 4 Kids curricula- please help me decide

We are using Real Science 4 Kids Chemistry Pre-Level I this year with my 2nd and 3rd graders. They really like this book, and we've actually read all the chapters several times. I can't believe how much they've both been interested in Chemistry this year, especially the older one, and I've been supplementing with experiments from Janice Van Cleave and reading other books about Chemistry. The Pre-Level I book is wonderful, and I think it was fine for my second grader, but I'm sure my 3rd grader could have handled the Level I book. This was really not a challenge for him at all.

So, for next year, I'd like to use their Physics curriculum, but after looking at the sample pages online, I'm conflicted. I know my new 4th grader will be able to handle the Level I, but I'm not sure about the new 3rd grader- especially the lab book. I want to continue to do science together, so I think I'll get the Level I text book and read it together, and then maybe get separate lab books- Pre-Level I for the 3rd grader and Level I for the 4th grader. Or, should I get both of them the Level I lab books, and just not expect as much out of the 3rd grader? What would you do?

We will be doing Pre-level 1 and level 1 Physics next year for grades 2 & 6. I plan to order the entire set for each level. I want my younger dd to be able to keep her own lab book.

My boys will each have their own lab books, too. I think the Level I text book will be appropriate for both, but I'm just wondering if I should separate the levels for the lab books.