Menu

8 yo. 3rd grade boy

4ofus

This is an exercise from HWOT. We have focused little on paragraph writing & we are using WWE.

In addition to this being a self-generated paragraph, it is his first attempt to use cursive outside of copy exercises.

Summer is fun because of lots of things. I am going to tell you four things I love about summer.

First, there is no school, which I realy* like. (this is his misspelling)

Next, there is nice weather to go outside.

Also, you get to sleep in more.

Last, you get to go on vacations!

There are many fun things about summer.

The way he reset each sentence at the beginning of the line is demonstrative of his attempt to make a new paragraph for each supporting element.

I know we need more work on this, but I just wanted to get some feedback on where we might be falling on the 3rd grade spectrum...ahead, behind, right on track?

On another note, the cursive looked fantastic! :)

Resetting sentences on their own line is common. My son did that and so I pulled out the book he was reading for fun and showed him how all the sentences about the same thing (same paragraph), go one right after the other until they crash into the side of the page and have to bump down. :)