Menu

Voice Lessons?

Our girls love to sing. (Even our oldest with autism, who is nonverbal, loves to sing). However, our two other girls have average singing voices. Is there any way to improve their voices without hiring someone? I don't know of anyone here that teaches singing and we can't afford to pursue this out of town. Our end goal is simple - they both want bigger parts in local theatre productions. Thanks for any suggestions. :)

Guest submarines
Our girls love to sing. (Even our oldest with autism, who is nonverbal, loves to sing). However, our two other girls have average singing voices. Is there any way to improve their voices without hiring someone? I don't know of anyone here that teaches singing and we can't afford to pursue this out of town. Our end goal is simple - they both want bigger parts in local theatre productions. Thanks for any suggestions. :)

There was a very informative thread on voice lessons...Let me find it...Aha, here it is: http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?t=314638&highlight=voice+lessons

Guest submarines
Thanks so much! That was very helpful. I'll probably look at church choir.

You are welcome! None of my kids sing, but I learned so much from that thread.

Our end goal is simple - they both want bigger parts in local theatre productions.

If you are already involved in a local theatre, talk to the director about it. He/she may know of someone who would work with your dc's on specific things, especially as they prepare for auditions.

:)