Menu

x-post ? about the older child with a milk allergy and medicines containing milk

I phone the manufacturer. But we have equal issues with liquid meds (corn).

Get to know and love your local compounding pharmacist - ours really rocks and works with us when one of our three with the immune disorders really needs a med. They know binders and alternatives and can do magic :).

To find one, you can just phone your regular pharmacist and ask where the nearest compounding pharmacist is . . . they all know.

You have to check every.single.the.time. :glare:

A friend has a dairy allergy, such that it causes a stroke. I called her one time (she lives in California), and her speech was slurred. I asked if she'd had a stroke, and she said that a drug she'd been taking for years (I forget if it's OTC or prescription, and I don't remember what it's for) changed the ingredients of the coating, and now it included milk. She didn't check the ingredients because she'd been taking it for years, and yes, she had a mild stroke. Now she checks the ingredients every.single.time she gets it.