Menu

Covenant Home is changing?

pocjets

About five months ago they put a notice on their website that the company was folding. They could not afford to compete with the big publishers and the changing market in homeschooling, and they were getting older (I believe in their 60's) and between that and the fact that they apparently barely broke even, it was time to end the business, according to their notice.

Then there was a notice on their website that a Godly family was so concerned that they contacted them and were in the process of taking over and moving the business, pretty much as-is.

Then there was a notice that this fell through even though the first family made a valiant effort.

Then there was the current notice- which is that another family is taking it over, but that there will be changes. meanwhile, they liquidated a lot of their stock, as you can see, when you try to click on their catalog.

That's all I know.

And this is why I am hesitant to put all of my eggs in a basket which is run by two or three people. If I am going to go with a full program I prefer to use Calvert, CLASS, Hewitt, etc.

On the other hand CHC offered a lot of personal one on one service and advice, and had a niche market for a while there until Veritas came along (Reformed theology.) So I haven't ruled it out as an option for high school (assuming they do pull through.)

I know a number of smaller homeschool vendors personally, and they are all struggling. One just turned their stock over to someone who "rebranded," one is looking for a buyer, and one hasn't restocked in over a year and is now liquidating.

Sad, isn't it?