Menu

PH Science Explorer help pls!! coordinating used texts and supplementals...

Natalija

OK! I am getting frustrated here!

I just bought all 200 editions of the separate books ..all 15.

I am realizing that I will have to buy all the guided workbooks separately, as well as the TE's. I was trying to save $ but does not look that way now!

I was hoping to use the interactive text CD-ROM sold on the PH site (which they told me includes the TE, guided workbook pages, etc.) They don't however coorelate to the older texts I just bought! ARGH!

Should have figured that out FIRST!

What do I do? Try to sell the books I bought and buy the new editions so oI can get the TEs and workbook pages?

Is there another way?

I need:

* answer keys to questions, workbooks or whatever else

(is that in the Te?)

*guided reading workbooks ( or pages on CD preferably)

The sales rep also toldl me about the TEacher's Express CD which sells for $199.97 and contains All in One Resources, TEs, worksheets, labs.

By the way, I have never figured out how to sell my stuff online. I have a Pay Pall acct but have only made pymts with it. That is another post in itself!

Thanks for your help! I am confused! Decision making is not my forte to begin with! :-(

Natalija

I just bought all 200 editions of the separate books

200?

Is there another way?

There are people on this board who only use the SE. I am not one of them - I need the TE at least. I almost consider the workbook overkill - but I use it to overcompensate for my lack of science knowledge.

I need:

* answer keys to questions, workbooks or whatever else

(is that in the Te?)

*guided reading workbooks ( or pages on CD preferably)

The answers to the section assessments and tests are in the TE. The guided reading workbook is cheap, but the answers are only in the expensive all-in-one resource.

The sales rep also toldl me about the TEacher's Express CD which sells for $199.97 and contains All in One Resources, TEs, worksheets, labs.

It's horribly expensive. I haven't heard of a hs'er buying it.

I'm sorry you're finding this out now. I buy the SE and TE and workbook one subject at a time because I would never trust that I would complete more than one at a time.

I purchased the 2000 student edition set as well. If you look on that website it has a tab for earlier editions and you can buy the earlier edition TE.

Here is the link:

http://www.pearsonschool.com/index.cfm?locator=PSZ3R9&PMDbSiteId=2781&PMDbSolutionId=6724&PMDbProgramId=4939&level=4

If you click on each book individually and then click purchase it will show you what is available to go with that book. The teacher's edition is the same price for this edition as the others. You will have to register with PH to buy the TE.

Hope this helps.

Andrea

I got my "parent's edition" of the workbook (ya know, the thing that *used* to be call a TE? - ahem!) on ebay pretty cheap. They show up on Amazon, too, you just have to be patient. There are probably a slew of other places, too. (I think someone even found the CD-Rom you mentioned on ebay - they just aren't there all the time.)

Also, my ds's student's workbook was for a different version (the California vs. the regular) and it was published in a different year than the textbook we were using. But, other than an occasional question that was in one and not the other, and the order of the sections, the two versions were identical. For example, say one has sections A, B, C, D, and E - the other version might be A, B, E, D and C. But, the same titles, and the same questions within in section. It was very easy to match the two. So, I truly doubt you just *have* to have the exact publication-date match - they haven't changed the books *that* much!

But, I ended up following Ria's advice (Sniff, sniff! - We miss you Ria!), and just read through each section with my dc, taking notes together according to the "As You Read" note at the beginning of each section, and then discussing the Review Questions together. That way, I learned as we went, we didn't have to worry about the workbook, and my ds's enjoyment & comprehension rapidly improved.

I would definitely look over what you have in some depth and see if you can't make it work with just what you have before you buy anything else!

Best wishes!

Rhonda