Menu

How to find a holistic doctor?

When I wanted to find one, I didn't know anyone that went to one. So my preferred word-of-mouth recommendation was out;).

I did googled naturopaths in my area, then read through the info on the websites. I wanted someone balanced--who was trained in both naturopathy and conventional medicine, but practices holistically. I chose one from what I read, and set up an appointment. Love her. She would see the kids, but they still go to their ped. because he's really good and, I feel, balanced. He doesn't just throw antibiotics around the room;) and takes time with us. Plus, he's a homeschool dad:D.

Anyway, I love my naturopath. Love the time she takes and the care I get.

Most will be an MD or DO and will advertise that they practice CAM (Complementary and Alternative Medicine). Most DO's tend toward CAM and that's why they're DO's.

An ND won't advertise that since they're not a medical doctor and in most states cannot prescribe drugs, but in some states they are licensed and do - so check your state regulations for ND practitioners too.