Menu

Does anyone use Clear Dust Jacket Book Protectors?

Linda...inOwasso

Like the ones that come on hardback library books. I've been gradually investing in some quality hardback books for our home library and I would love to protect them with the same type of clear, plastic? covers that libraries use.

Does anyone else do this? Can you give me some suggestions on where to buy the cover material? Thanks so much! :)

I have been, but only because my dad has gotten a little obsessed with buying covers and covering his books (I introduced him to Paperbackswap.com and he's been going crazy - lol). I'm not sure where he gets them, but could ask. I do like them and they're easy to use.

I do this.....my hubby thinks I'm a tad eccentric, but it really helps protect the books so the kids can handle them freely and frequently.

I purchased a roll of of the protective plastic that you can cut to whatever size you need. The head librarian at my local library helped me pick out the product I would need and then ordered it for me.

Michelle J

I have covered a couple of hardcover books that get frequent use and many softcover books. For the softcover, I just cover them with clear contact paper. For the hardcover books, I've used the Durafold Clear Dust Jacket Covers that I bought from demco.com. But, I see that the link to vernonlibrarysupplies shown above has better prices, so I may try them out next.