Menu

Independent Study courses

Has anyone used an independent study course for their dc? Did your dc also receive college credit? Did you use any of the folloiwng: Indiana State, Mississippi State, or BYU? I'm especially interested in Miss. State because my dd wants to attend Belhaven in the future. Since both are in the same state I'm thinking grades might transfer easily. However I don't know about the difficulty of the classes, how well the professors get feedback to students, if online is better than correspondance, etc. However I'm interested in any Independent Study Course (especially if it is very good and not very expensive).

Thanks,

Jan P.

My older son took three courses from Indiana U year before last now, as a freshman, and they were great! The folks who handled registration were great; getting the books and materials was fast and easy; registration was fast and easy; the folks who handled the computer stuff were great; the professors were great. It was a very good first experience for him. You do have to have the tests proctored somewhere. Our local university did it for free through their continuing education department.