Menu

Can I skip the rest of WWE2 and start 3?

abrightmom

I'm so bogged down with this! We stopped WWE for awhile but we're going to stay with it for the long haul now. DS9 doesn't have strong summary skills which seems to be the focus in WWE2. He does fine if I walk him through the lessons but he certainly can't do it on is own. He can easily "test out" of the copywork and dictation though.

If WWE3 continues to work on those summary skills with increased challenge in copywork/dictation then I can move him up. If summarizing needs to be at at a certain level then we're stuck.

I'm not sure what to do here. Thoughts? Advice? :bigear:

I did but whether or not it's the right option for you depends on your son's reading level. I skipped level two because even though dd needed more work on the summaries she was ready to read the passages herself. Level 1 and 2 are designed for the teacher to read the passage and dd was bored with that. Level 3 assumes the student is reading the selection for themselves but still needs prompting to answer the narration and summary questions.

I did but whether or not it's the right option for you depends on your son's reading level. I skipped level two because even though dd needed more work on the summaries she was ready to read the passages herself. Level 1 and 2 are designed for the teacher to read the passage and dd was bored with that. Level 3 assumes the student is reading the selection for themselves but still needs prompting to answer the narration and summary questions.

He would have no problems reading the passages independently! He's a strong reader with great comprehension.