Menu

Bally fitness???

Okay so as I am coming up with all of these goals for fitness that I know I won't keep :D, I realized that I have a fairly easy solution I can do. DS is a swimmer so that means I have to run him to practices 6 days a week for 2-3 a shot. I usually don't come home because of the drive/gas/laziness :D so I bemoan all of my wasted time. Well lo and behold there is a Bally's gym just a few miles from swim and they have a free 7 day membership.

So my questions is does anyone have any experience with them?

Hi,

I used to belong to a Bally's about 15 years ago. I cancelled after a year or two. To this day I still receive mail from them trying to get me to renew my membership (in my maiden name at my parent's house!). But, if that wouldn't bother you then go ahead! I loved it while it lasted. The gym was clean and the classes were great.

Happy Fit New Year to you!

LMK

Hi,

I used to belong to a Bally's about 15 years ago. I cancelled after a year or two. To this day I still receive mail from them trying to get me to renew my membership (in my maiden name at my parent's house!). But, if that wouldn't bother you then go ahead! I loved it while it lasted. The gym was clean and the classes were great.

Happy Fit New Year to you!

LMK

I had a similar experience (joined Bally's maybe 18 yrs ago and dumped them after a year). I was financially responsible for "something" (but I can't remember what -- too long ago) even after I was no longer using their facilities.

They have been going out of business in the northeast. I would recommend finding a gym that had no strings attached (no membership).

I belonged to Bally's a long long time ago and I really liked them. They were conveniently located, great hours, great equipment and classes. I loved spending my free time there.

I had to drop the membership when we moved. I don't remember being hounded by them to rejoin.