Menu

Best Latin curriculum for a very visual learner

celticmom

I am planning on starting Latin with dd7 soon. She tends to be a very visual learner. She was very resistant when I tried to use FLL but when I bought some used MCT to review for possible future use she asked if she could look at Grammar Island and promptly read the first 80 pages very happily. We use a Kumon center to supplement our other language arts materials and she is about to start Level C1 which is equivalent to 3rd grade level. I know that she could learn Latin now.

I have been looking at Prima Latina and The Big Book of Lively Latin as possible options. Which one of these would be more appealing to a visual learner or is there another option that I have not looked at yet that would be better?

It is best if things are spelled out fairly clearly. She does not figure things out from examples very well in the language arts. Dh is dyslexic and I may be as well.

crossposted on general forum

progress.gif

Whole to parts.

My daughter loved Minimus in second grade. It was a perfect taste of Latin.. Don't expect much mastery or retention though... it's more just to introduce kids to Latin, to get a sense about its grammar, learn a little vocabulary, become interested in the language... We enjoyed it a lot.