Menu

CP: Moving on from CLE Reading to Lightning Lit

For my 7th grade daughter it would look like using:

Lightning Lit 7th - 2nd semester 7th

Lightning Lit 8th - 1rst semester 8th (instead of CLE Reading 8)

Lightning Lit Medieval - 2nd semester 8th

(maybe Shakespeare over the summer with LL and Sparknotes)

Lightning Lit Early American - 1rst semester 9th

Lightning Lit Early British - 2rst semester 9th

Lightning Lit Mid-late American - 1rst semester 10th

Lightning Lit Mid-Late British - 2nd semester 10th

Then we would move to online and/or AP lit/writng courses for 11th and 12th... My son would look different for where he fell in chronological history, but I would have the LL courses ready for him also...

I need something planned out totally. Lit, writing, great books, rubrics. Any thoughts?!!

I've not used it yet, but I'm not sure you should use their Medieval pack in just 1 semester with an 8th grader. It's recommended for 11th-12th graders because it states that it is one of their more difficult courses. I'm planning on using it next year with dd along with Biblioplan Year 2. She will be in 10th grade, so I'm waiting to see how it goes to decide if she should do 2 packs in one year or just the one. The Shakespeare packs are recommended for 11-12 as well. I use CLE's high school English to continue grammar review and it has some writing in it, too.

My dd did CLE reading and LA for 7th, then SL Core 100 and CLE LA for 8th. She is using CLE's first half of LA this year along with Bilbioplan year 1 and the Ancient Literature Supplement from MFW as well as TTC, Figuratively Speaking, and Starting Points. Because I'm using definite programs, it does still feel like it's planned for me.

Next year her Literature/Composition credit will include the second half of CLE's English 1, Vocabulary for the High School Student, LL Medieval Pack, IEW's The Elegant Essay, and possibly a Shakespeare pack if the Medieval goes well and can be done in less than a year.