Menu

Non-traditional wedding ring ideas needed please

WRT price: many shops have a minimum anywhere from 50-100 dollars, depending on how detailed you want the designs, I imagine it wouldn't be much more, if any, than that.

Don't tell the artist if you've been drinking. A reputable artist who doesn't know you won't do a tattoo on someone who is inebriated.

Tattoo needles and blood draw needles are much different. I too pass out when giving blood (or getting immunizations) but I have 3 fairly decent sized tattoos and more planned. :tongue_smilie:

And, just a second reminder that I already mentioned in Nakia's thread about tattooed wedding bands... I've been told by a number of people that the small intricate words/designs of a tattooed ring don't hold and eventually become one big blob. I'm not sure of how truthful this is since I don't have anything that small, but something to look into unless you don't mind eventually having just a solid band.

MorganClassicPrep:

There's certainly a measure of truth in it. But there is also a number of variables: how deep the needle goes, the quality of the ink, the design.

An experienced tattooist would be able to advise against some of the more usual pitfalls.

If you want just a plain band, you could try sterling silver. Or you could try a claddagh ring. James Avery has a nice one. They are fancier than a plain band while still being flat and durable. I have one which I wore at a summer camp and it held up fine (though I wasn't doing the more physical jobs). Several friends of mine have the same ring and have put them through lots of abuse, but they look great. It is rather wide though.

:iagree:I was going to suggest James Avery rings, too. I love their jewelry and it holds up well.

It is such a small tattoo. Pain is minimal and it would be cheap. I have a pretty large tattoo on my back and the pain for that was more annoying than really painful. Kind of like a sunburn. And that was about $200. I think a ring finger tattoo would be under $50. I like them a lot.

Heather in NC;

Although there would be some pain, if a numbing agent were not used, it would be nothing like for a back tattoo, and even this is quite tolerable, right?

:iagree:I was going to suggest James Avery rings, too. I love their jewelry and it holds up well.

My husband has a wide-ish Celtic knotwork sterling silver band from James Avery as his wedding ring. It's held up well for going on 17 years :), though it is a bit bent to his finger. He takes it off for martial arts and doing "mushy food things" (his words) while cooking (due to the holes in the design that can trap stuff and need to be cleaned), otherwise he has worn it continuously. That includes swimming, showering, all sorts of things.