Menu

Writing with Ease 2 -- passage selection

Rasa

Dear all:

I am new to this forum. My son is in Week 30 of WWE-2. He has asked me to use passages from Harry Potter books (his favorites) for narration exercises instead of WWE selections.

Should I agree? I am thinking of finishing up WWE-2 and spending a few months studying J. K. Rowling's bestsellers before moving on to WWE-3.

Thanks very much for your insights.

I don't see why not. :) You've done the majority of WWE2, so it could be like a little reward for your son to pick his favourite literature to work from instead. Because I believe motivation is such a key ingredient, I'd be inclined to let him do this to build excitement for narration and dictation. Have fun.

I don't see why not. :) You've done the majority of WWE2, so it could be like a little reward for your son to pick his favourite literature to work from instead. Because I believe motivation is such a key ingredient, I'd be inclined to let him do this to build excitement for narration and dictation. Have fun.

:iagree: Before WWE came out, SWB recommended using narration across the curriculum. It's a skill that can be worked on using a wide variety of sources. I say use Harry Potter and have fun. You can pull dictation from there as well. Maybe once a week use a passage from science or history for oral narration to stretch him and switch things up a bit.

Lisa