Menu

The Buckle: If you've ever bought jeans there can you tell me...

...how tight or loose they should be at the time of purchase?

I'm turning in my mom jeans for something a little less middle-aged looking, but I'm not sure about the fit.

The ladies at the store said they should feel tight, but not so tight that I'm physically uncomfortable. They said the jeans will stretch a bit after I get them on. I guess I'm used to buying jeans and having them shrink quite a bit after purchase (so I'm always afraid to have them fit snugly or eve just right in the store, because I know they'll get a little smaller.)

If you have any experience with their jeans (particularly the BKE brand) could you tell me how you approached the fit?

I'm going back today (only had about 10 minutes in the store last night) to see if I can find just the right pair. But as pricey as the jeans are, I don't want regret my purchase after I get home and wash them. Thanks!

They should be tight. I have a couple of pairs of jeans that fit perfectly for the first 10 minutes, then they get too big and feel loose and a little baggy. I've had these jeans for years and I wash and dry them. Don't worry too much, they will stretch. :)

They should be tight and yes they will stretch. I love mine. The only problem is when I am having fat days I get serious muffin top so I have to either not wear them or be very selective in the shirts I wear.

Yes, my tummy is pretty flat most of the time (don't know how that happened after 5 kids, except that all my weight is in my hips and thighs) but I do get muffin top too when I have my bloated and fat days. I also have the problem of finding cute jeans in a long enough rise. I'm tall (5'9) and don't like having to yank my shirt down in the back every time I bend over or sit down. I guess I'll go with a tight fit and keep my fingers crossed when I wash them. I'm definitely only going to buy one pair initially until I see how I like them. Bought some Old Navy jeans recently and thought I loved them in the store. After I washed and wore them, I decided they were mom jeans. Ack!!! I hate shopping for jeans. I'm starting to think I should wear skirts all the time.