Menu

Need help with dinner

FIL is coming tonight. Until then, I need to spend most of my time cleaning. What is quick and easy to make? I have ground turkey, onions, carrots, potatoes, rice, broccoli, peas, turkey stock, a variety of beans, canned tomatoes, and spinach. I'm feeling very uncreative and very overwhelmed. I don't have any bread or tortillas or pasta. Help!

Shepherd's pie? Boil up the potatoes for a quick mash; brown the meat with onions & beans; mix in steamed carrots & peas--throw it in a casserole dish with thickened stock, top with mashed potatoes. Into the oven. All done!

Except now that I write it out, it sounds like a lot of work, especially the dish washing afterward.

You could do an easy yummy turkey & bean soup--brown up the meat with onions, add beans, veggies, tomatoes, spinach, stock, with whatever spices you like, and let it simmer. Even better if you could throw together a cornbread to complement, but also yummy as is. And if you wanted something with a bite, you could throw the potatoes in the oven to bake, to go along with the soup.