Menu

Question about Apologia science sequence

I think you can skip Physical Science okay. The one thing my daughter remembers is that it made Physics look interesting to her. The big item to consider is math. A working knowledge of Algebra 2 is needed for Chemistry, and some trig functions are needed for Physics. So, if you can get the math down, you should be set.

Good Luck!

I'll say I wish my son skipped Physical Science! Actually, I don't think there was much in General Science either. Watching my son go through 2 chapters (4 weeks) in studying clouds and weather is just painful to me.

I don't think he has "learned" anything from this book except vocabularly and passing Apologia tests -- okay, maybe that's a good thing after all.

I'll say I wish my son skipped Physical Science! Actually, I don't think there was much in General Science either. Watching my son go through 2 chapters (4 weeks) in studying clouds and weather is just painful to me.

I don't think he has "learned" anything from this book except vocabularly and passing Apologia tests -- okay, maybe that's a good thing after all.

We didn't use their General Science, but I've heard it's not generally well liked. Apologia's Physical Science I thought was great and dd found it really helpful as an introduction to physics and chemistry.

We're a science-oriented family, and he's taking it in a paid class. He likes the group labs, but he's putting in minimal effort and acing it. Next year we'll do science at home...