Menu

Writing...please help me choose

TracyP

I can't figure out how to teach writing to my dd. She is 8 and fills notebook pages with amazing (IMO;)) stories. I have been teaching her how to write a paragraph. Her paragraphs meet all requirements, but are not at all like her original writing. They sound forced...probably because they are, but I don't know what to do. I am afraid she will not enjoy writing anymore if we continue down this path. Here is what I am considering:

1) WWW - I was considering this but the more I look, the more I think this will not help. Please let me know if you disagree.

2) CW/WT/CW - maybe one of these where she would have a story to work from but could add her own creative touch????

3) Bravewriter - I think this might fit the bill, but I cannot figure out what it is. I know it is for me and doesn't give assignments...I would love to know more.

4) MCT Town - I plan on using this already. Maybe I don't need to be looking any further? I could just drop writing (besides WWE) until next year.

Edited by TracyP