Menu

S/O - Christmas Village -- Prices I found today............

Let's keep all the Village stuff in the other thread, BUT I did want to let you know what I found when I went out with dh today.

Michael's has Lemax on sale at 50% off till 12/3. The sale started today.. I found the little houses (even at 50% off) a little more expensive than ebay - but then when you add shipping -- well, you are probably better off at Michaels.

Joanne has village stuff too - I do not know the manufacturer but she is having 60% off and the prices of her stuff started much lower than Michaels so not knowing what is going on at CVS or Walgreen's or Rite Aid, JoAnn's prices were excellent.

DH didn't want to drive to the other side of town (which trust me, around here would take 40 minutes in each direction to go like 6 miles) to AC Moore. I may check there during the week if I feel up to it.

So, VILLAGE PEOPLE, let's hop to it and get some photos up -- mine won't be up for about another week as I have to wait for stuff to be delivered.

OOPS - here are the prices that I saw:

Michaels: the regular price of the houses range from $40.00 to $120. michaels is having 50% off till next saturday -- There were some really cute ones that came to $20. with the discount -- i felt so awful though, I just wanted to get out of there. And, if I don't want to shop, you know I feel awful.

JoAnne Fabrics: Their brand was not recognizable by me -- they were pretty. There were larger ones and smaller ones -- two sizes - large and small. One could do a really pretty set up with the small ones and probably not spend more than $5. or $6. per house as they were 60% off till next saturday.

Michaels had the buffalo snow for $6. a bag -- I was astonished at the prices for the 'landscaping platforms' that lemax makes to add dimension etc to your set up -- they were regularly $50. I think that one would be better off stacking books or buying blocks of florist foam and covering all of it with buffalo snow.

At 60% off, I would buy the people, etc at JoAnn -- they are too expensive on ebay when you factor in the Joann discount this week.