Menu

what are WDW hs day classes like?

Thinking of going to Disney World in Jan. Has anyone attended the homeschool classes there? What are they like? The website said they are 3 hours long. Did your kiddos find it entertaining? Was it truly educational? It looks like the Magic Kingdom class is more rides than education...where the Animal Kingdom and Epcot classes have more "teaching time"??? Are the group sizes very large? If your are riding rides as a part of the class, does the group get to go the the head of the line?

What was your experience?

Doodle and Cuppycake went to the WDW class at epcot in May. We actually went with a group from our area and the class was just us. I think there ended up being about 15 kids in the group.

I did not stay with them, so I have no idea how educational it was. Anyway, here is a youtube overview of the Synergy in Science class they took. They had a great time and really enjoyed doing it with their friends from TN.

OTOH- I do know that the kids taste tested some soda with red dye. Neither I nor Cuppycake's mom was there to stop this and consequently both Doodle and Cuppycake (who should have known better) had meltdowns that afternoon. Another child in our group also had this experience. We didn't realize that they would be giving them any food. If your child has food sensitivities, definitely notify Disney.

HTH-

Mandy

Edited by Mandy in TN