Menu

Horse People! Film People! need advice

My dd18 has been accepting to Savannah College of Arts & Design. Yea!! They don't have her exact major but they have a lot she can work with and they have several aspects she likes.

One of the big plusses is their equestrian team. She needs to put together a video portfolio of her riding experience. We have film from several shows, all on one particular horse, Noodle.

The trainer will let her ride other horses at the stable but this will not be show footage. They do have a gorgeous arena with professional looking jumps. Do we film her riding a couple of other horses at the stable? Stick with just Noodle at shows?

What would you add? How 'fancy' should the film and editing be? Anyone btdt?

I have done applications and scholarship searchs before with my other dd but I know nothing about video portfolios.

Any help will be appreciated.

My dd18 has been accepting to Savannah College of Arts & Design. Yea!! They don't have her exact major but they have a lot she can work with and they have several aspects she likes.

One of the big plusses is their equestrian team. She needs to put together a video portfolio of her riding experience. We have film from several shows, all on one particular horse, Noodle.

The trainer will let her ride other horses at the stable but this will not be show footage. They do have a gorgeous arena with professional looking jumps. Do we film her riding a couple of other horses at the stable? Stick with just Noodle at shows?

What would you add? How 'fancy' should the film and editing be? Anyone btdt?

I have done applications and scholarship searchs before with my other dd but I know nothing about video portfolios.

Any help will be appreciated.

Here's the deal. This IS my dh's profession. College degreed and 30 + years in video production....from concept boards to producing/directing, hiring "talent", editing and finished product, to name a few of the many hats he wears.

I believe it should be natural and creative. You need to have an agenda or outline if you will. Just as you write a paper, write out what you want, etc. This sounds so basic, but can be more difficult than it sounds.

HTH!