Menu

A Child's Introduction to Poetry: Looking for Resources

Sahamamama

We plan to do a short Poetry Study unit next school year for our 2nd grader, probably using A Child's Introduction to Poetry as a spine. I'm not crazy about some of the illustrations, but it's the best spine I've found for what we want to accomplish -- learn about types of poetry, some poetry terms, and a few poets.

Has anyone here come across resources to use with this book? I found these notebooking pages that are GREAT. Thanks, Jimmie! :D Does anyone know of a source for lapbook pages? I think CIP would make a good lapbook project, but I have no clue how to make templates. :confused: We've only ever made about two lapbooks. :blushing: But I'm thinking that 2nd grade is the perfect time to do more with lapbooks, since my daughter is at the point where the lapbook can be her project, instead of mine, KWIM? :bigear:

Does anyone know of a source for lapbook pages? I think CIP would make a good lapbook project, but I have no clue how to make templates. :confused: We've only ever made about two lapbooks. :blushing: But I'm thinking that 2nd grade is the perfect time to do more with lapbooks, since my daughter is at the point where the lapbook can be her project, instead of mine, KWIM? :bigear:

Well, here's Homeschool Share's lapbook templates. (The bottom has them "listed by divisions," which could be rather useful.)