Menu

PR 1 week 5

IATeachingMom

I've misplaced my CD for weeks 1-5 :glare: I JUST saw it the other day..... anyhow, can anyone give me the the spelling list and any other highlights. I just watched the next CD/ week 6.... Also, do you just go over the spelling words on Monday and then test on Friday... I have a struggling reading and this begninning is B.O.R.I.N.G for him.... but I want him to get a good foundation. Thoughts..?

I've misplaced my CD for weeks 1-5 :glare: I JUST saw it the other day..... anyhow, can anyone give me the the spelling list and any other highlights. I just watched the next CD/ week 6.... Also, do you just go over the spelling words on Monday and then test on Friday... I have a struggling reading and this begninning is B.O.R.I.N.G for him.... but I want him to get a good foundation. Thoughts..?

You should have the spelling list already written out in your teacher's binder. It's under "blueprints". The words for this week are fairly simple. If you spend some time watching disc 2, you ought to get a good grasp on how to approach the spelling lists. It looks like the only Rule Tune that you need to know this week is Rule Tune #1. She sings it again for you in Week 6, so you can hear it there (the rule tunes are also in your binder just before the spelling list for Week 5).

And you just give a few words every day, not the whole list. You review the ones they have trouble with, but you don't wait to test all the words on Friday.

The first time I sat down and watched the video, I took extensive notes so I wouldn't have to watch them again for DDs 2 and 3. I love Mrs. Beers, but watching her spell out Every. Single. Word. gets a little old :)

It's funny, because my 5 year old LOVES to watch the video with me. We start the week by watching the video. He follows along with the word list in my notebook. When it comes time to work on his words, he needs very little help and few reminders. It cracks me up, because I think the videos are rather boring. He loves them though.

My DS really liked using the letter cards at first (esp the cards to mark the words). Now he prefers to write the words on the white board or on paper. We don't use the notebook for most of his writing.