Menu

Blog posts/resources for CPO Life Science?

Wondering if anyone had done blog posts on their experience with CPO Life Science, not necessarily a "review" but something more like scheduling, how things panned out in a homeschool setting, photos of your kid's lab work, thoughts, musings....

We're likely going to use it next year (just got the set!) and am looking to see how others have used this.

Yes, I am a dork because I am excited for next year and it's only November of THIS year. :tongue_smilie:

That's okay! Thank you :) I'd just love to see how it works "in real life" with a younger homeschooler. I have looked through the books, and it looks challenging but doable--quite different from the more "big picture" type work we've been doing for the most part up until now.

Bumping for any other responses :)

• 4 weeks later...

I am using earth and space so I don't know if this will help you. We generally do science at least three times a week. Occasionally I will squeeze in a fourth, but not often. And, if we have a busy week, I don't sweat it if we only get two. I use the book and the experiments but I don't use the 'skills and practice sheets'. I use the 'graphic organizers' during lessons and readings.

Not much help, right?

I counted it up and there are 121 lessons in the book, including experiment days. Some of those I don't need because they might need to spread an experiment over 2 days etc. So, I just figured out where that put is in the year if we do science twice a week. If I get three most weeks, we are sure to finish before the year ends. That is all I am hoping for.