Menu

Coffee Lovers - Help Me Decide!

I know this may be hard to believe, but --- I am not a coffee drinker. :001_huh: The last time I willingly had coffee was when I was a small child and swiped my mom's coffee - yep - swiped it! I have been a tea drinker for years and years and years and .... Oh, almost forgot - about ten or eleven years ago, while visiting some friends, they served coffee to everyone. While I have always loved-loved-loved the smell of coffee, it took everything I had to politely sip down the stuff - it was awful!

So here's the thing. Suddenly - and I do mean suddenly - about a month ago I had this yen for coffee - COFFEE! It was a strong yen! The craving has not dwindled one.little.bit. I want some coffee!

Here's where I need your help. What kind - what brand do you recommend? I looked at the coffee in the stores this weekend and - ouch! - it's expensive. Money is a concern and since this is not a household *necessity*, I would like to not spend a fortune on it. (Dh is not a coffee drinker, either, and I think that he thinks I've seriously gone bananas)!!!

So what do you recommend I purchase to satisfy this yen?

Just for the record, I can seriously see me adding coffee on a regular basis to my chosen drinks.:001_smile:

Each brand is different, so my suggestion would be to buy some samples (if they are available at your store) or go online and request some. Experiment with milk, creamers (plain or flavored) and sweeteners, although you may like it black. (If you know any coffee drinkers, ask if you can have some of theirs) :001_smile:

My favorites are 8 o'clock Hazelnut and Sam's Choice Organic Decaf. For my Keurig I also get Carribou Blend and Green Mountain Coffee.

Each brand is different, so my suggestion would be to buy some samples (if they are available at your store) or go online and request some. Experiment with milk, creamers (plain or flavored) and sweeteners, although you may like it black. (If you know any coffee drinkers, ask if you can have some of theirs) :001_smile:

I agree. Totally a personal choice. And each coffee behaves differently by brewing method, water, etc.

I really like the dark roasts; they're more flavorful and less acidic. I can buy cheaper coffee using a French press or our percolator than a drip machine, based on the different natures of their processes... There's a learning curve based on what you're looking for in your cup.