Menu

Can you help a missionary friend with curriculum??

A friend of mine is getting ready to move her whole family to Sierra Leone, West Africa to be missionaries. They have two current children and already know the three kids they want to adopt from Sierra Leone, whom they will be fostering as soon as they get there. They are hoping to have raised all their funds by the end of this year to travel.

She will be homeschooling all 5 kids (ages 2, 5, 5, 7, 10) and is in need of workbooks for them from K-6th grade. Since her African kids havn't had much formal schooling, she is starting all but her youngest in K and advancing her oldest two as she needs to to get them up to their current grade levels.

She is in desperate need of workbooks for her kids in the subjects of Spelling, Writing, English, and Mathematics. She needs to keep it very simple and streamlined...also something that would be easy to teach to kids whose primary language isn't necessarily English would be good.

The other thing is she cannot afford to buy curriculum right now. So I am wondering if the awesome homeschool community here might be able to help me with getting these things for her.

She needs: (for multiples of anything listed below it would help to have all from the same publisher)

For Kindergarten:

1- Phonics based program

4 - K math workbooks

4 - K Handwriting workbooks

4 - K skills workbooks

For 1st Grade:

2 - Spelling workbooks

2 - Handwriting workbooks

2 - English Workbooks

2 - Math workbooks

For 2nd Grade:

2- Spelling workbooks

2- Handwriting workbooks

2- English workbooks

2- Math workbooks

For 3rd Grade, 4th Grade, 5th Grade, and 6th Grade (one each per grade):

1- Spelling workbook

1- Handwriting workbook

1- English workbook

1 - Math workbook

If you would be willing to help my friend out, we would both greatly appreciate it. Private message me and I'll give you my address if you want to send some curriculum, or I'll give you my paypal account number if you'd like to donate so I can purchase the curriculum for her.

Here is their family website so you can see that they are legit www.siscomission.com

God bless!!!!