Menu

Feingold Diet

I have not done a search on the boards for this. I am headed out soon so I thought I would post this.

I am looking into this for both my daughters. Has anyone used this diet on their child[ren]? If so I am all :bigear:

I am in the beginning stages of looking into this. How has it helped? How long before you noticed any changes? Is it hard to maintain? Is it more costly?

Feel free to PM me if necessary.

TIA

Karen

We've used the Program for quite awhile and swear by it. No, it's not difficult at all but it is important to do it right. Join the support group--Feingold Association. Their materials are iinvaluable.

How quick you see a response is individual. Younger kids often respond the quickest. And you can save money by not buying all the packaged foods. Another good response is the Yahoo group Feingold Program 4 Us.

We have not done Feingold, but special diets do seem to help many of these kids affected by ADHD, ASD, etc. We have had great success with GFCF (gluten free, casein free) and eating whole, organic foods with no preservatives, dyes, etc.. I would highly recommend giving one of these diets a try and see if it helps with some symptoms. If one doesn't work, try another. We're all striving to be old ladies with no regrets, right? :)