Menu

Need Reviews on Fans...

I want a floor fan, & from what I've read, the tower fans look like they'd be a little better than the traditional models.

Are they worth the extra money? What about the ones that also have air purifiers? Do they actually do anything? And of course, the more child-friendly, the better.

TIA!

Don't make me buy one w/out the hive mind! Please!

I almost sent dh out last night--it was too hot to sleep. But after looking at a couple online, I realized: I have to wait until the boards are back up.

But it's hot. I'm not sure how long I can hold out for you guys! :lol:

it came with a tall fan and an extra small tower fan, we LOVE it. With you having small children I would not get a regular box or one of those circle fans,they have large openings for small fingers and toys...not that it will hurt them like the fans long ago with the metal blades, but still!

I vote for the tower fan!!

it came with a tall fan and an extra small tower fan, we LOVE it. With you having small children I would not get a regular box or one of those circle fans,they have large openings for small fingers and toys...not that it will hurt them like the fans long ago with the metal blades, but still!

I vote for the tower fan!!

First, bless you for helping. I'm headed to WM tonight no matter what. Our thermostat doesn't go below 45. (Although I think the thermostat is just a comfort feature. Our apt is all bills paid, & I suspect the actual temp in here is about 80.)

Anyway, as far as tower fans go--you think they *are* safer than the regular floor kind? I like that they take less space. Is there a particular brand or style that's better or worse?

The cheapest tower model at WM is around $40, but one of the reviewers said he wished it had a "breeze" mode, although I haven't seen one that specifically states that it has such. They just say how many settings they have.

The next model up has some kind of ionizer, which sounds nice. Dh has terrible, incapacitating allergies. He took one look at the price, however, & told me not to consider that feature. He thinks that for so cheap (around $75), it wouldn't actually do anything (or not enough) to the air to matter. My allergies have been bad the last week, too, so I'm sure I'm *extra* compelled by the poss. of such a feature right now, lol.

I dont know , its just something that was at Costco. Probably not too expensive. For air cleaner we use Oreck for allergies.

Hope helps,

jeannette

Yes, I think these are more safer than the regular kind.

Here is the site

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11218981&whse=BC&topnav=&browse=&lang=en-US&s=1

I was wrong on the price...it was $60.