Menu

Shameless brag Spanish

choirfarm

My oldest has made a 96 or higher on all the tests and just got a 99 on his midterm. He told me that he learned more Spanish than he thought with SOS (made it through all of I and about half of II). He said he never really understood what he was doing with SOS, but now it all makes sense and the speaking in class REALLY helps.

My younger one has made low A's on all the tests except one and a 90 on the midterm. I'm really proud of him.

The boys said that the prof read the riot act to the class. She handed out a grammar glossery since it seemed most of them had missed grammar in school. She wasn't happy that a lot of them were not doing the work and hadn't done their first oral tutorial with her yet nor were up to speed on their online assignments. She told them is they didn't do well on this test, they needed to her NOW. My younger was particularly surprised at how harsh she was. It goes along with her rankings on the ratemyprof site. Several said that she was nice and explained things well, but that she was to the point and didn't put up with slackers.

I heard through another mom at co-op whose daughters went through her Spanish classes that she was thrilled to have the boys in class. She told her that it was just like her oldest that two of them were only 14, but doing so well. She loves to have homeschoolers in her classes. She says that they work hard and complete all the homework unlike most of the "regular" students.

I told my boys that I bet each successive Spanish class will get harder and smaller each semester.

I'm particularly glad that my middle one is doing well. That said, will be funny for him to have B's and C's from mom and A's from the cc on his transcipt? I don't have a clue how he is doing in AP Gov...I'm guessing a C, though maybe a B with extra assignments and such.

Christine