Menu

What is the difference between FFL and WWE

justLisa

For some reason I thought WWE was the guide/workbook and FFL was the student version and not necessary. I realize now this is not the case. Does FFL teach more grammar? I'm confused and cannot purchase any more books unless I need them.

We are using Island level MCT and I love it. It is slightly over our heads still as far as writing goes, but we just enjoy it anyways. I do like WWE2 for the short scripted lessons. DS definitely needs the narration/dictation practice and we find these lessons very easy to go through.

So what exactly would I benefit from FFL? I dont' think I want another tedious worksheety type thing.

FLL is grammar. WWE is the writing program and has narration and copywork. There is some overlap b/c FLL has some narration also, especially if you use the older version but generally speaking FLL is for grammar and WWE for writing.

:iagree:

Well said!

Note: I suggest to everyone to get the newer version of FLL. I had the older one and it was so difficult to use compared to the newer one.

We use both FLL and WWE (Level 1) and we will continue through all the levels.

WWE is heavy on handwriting. That's on purpose since it's teaching kids to get used to good language by copying it, etc.

FLL has short handwriting assignments at the end of lessons, but it's not a workbook like WWE. We usually skip these writing exercises because it is often something simple (and somewhat pointless like) writing the names of family members in an effort to review that proper nouns have capital letters, etc. My daughter still gets the benefit of the lesson in grammar without doing the writing.

I think FLL is good because it teaches parts of speech, has poems to memorize that teach days of week, months of year, etc. All around, it is very useful and can be done in ten minutes or less every day.

Edited by VBoulden