Menu

Dog sweater/coat?

We've recently moved to Washington state. Our dog is a Georgia girl through-and-through. At 13 years old, this Shih-tzu is very sensitive to cold and likes to spend her days lounging on the couch or on (and under) a blanket. I know that once the snow starts, it's going to be hard to get her to go out, even just to potty. We keep her hair cut shorter, and even in the south, we still kept a sweater on her through the winter, even in the house. I know we are going to have to do something more for her now. I can imagine the snow just sticking to her sweater! :glare: How do I choose a dog coat for her? What materials am I looking for?

I stay in close contact with our breeder (boxers) and she recommended these (half kidding) when I told her that my girl was already freezing when she went out:http://www.etsy.com/listing/67266740/9-to-14-inch-custom-made-fleece-dog?ref=sr_gallery_11&ga_search_submit=&ga_search_query=dog+pajamas&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_facet=handmade

Of course me being me, I think to myself..wonder if I can find a pattern for those to make on my own!