Menu

ESV Seek and Find Bible

I have it. I think it has great info in it. The questions, the stores, the other "extras" are all well done.

I also think they have made a serious mistake in how it is set up. The Bible stories and information pages are placed in the regular Bible text. WITHOUT headings. So, you are looking for a specific location, and if you happen to get on one of those pages then you are stuck. You don't know which way to go. Then, perhaps you turn a few more pages. trying to find where you are in the Bible. No headings. You are more stuck. Sometimes there are several of these "special" pages in a row.

All this makes it very difficult to navigate this Bible for a child.

Here are two other ESV children's Bibles that are great. Both of these have the Verse numbers in a contrasting color which is very helpful for young children learning to find their way around the Bible.

The ESV Grow! Bible is similar, without the problems of navigation.

The ESV Children's Bible is wonderful. It has a great section in the back written by the Children Desiring God folks. (Or at least based on their work.) This section is a great basic discipleship "book" with info on prayer, salvation, memorizing, etc.

All that being said, the Seek and Find Bible is not bad!