Menu

PSA-Do not ask people if they are pregnant if you aren't sure!

I don't know why everyone doesn't already know this!! If the answer is yes, you will satisfy your curiosity a few weeks sooner and if the answer is no, you send someone home crying. Not worth it.

:iagree:

Oh, well. I definitely plan on being even more careful in the future as I would not want anyone to feel sad or upset.

Some questions can be painful. It was not fun being asked when I was going to get pregnant when we felt like we were struggling. I'd always seemed to be asked the day we found out we were not expecting.

Sadly, I have the sort of figure that invites that question. I've had it many times over the years. And it's not that I'm so fat. I just carry it in my stomach.

But here's my favorite answer of late: "No, but I'm flattered that you think I'm young enough to be." :smilielol5:

Emily, I hope you feel better by now.

I agree with the people who have said that it is never okay to ask a woman whether she is pregnant. As far as it being a cultural issue, I come from a culture which has a pretty loose definition of personal boundaries and people don't think twice before asking personal questions here. Even if you belong to such a culture, it is STILL NOT okay.

As a person who carries most of my weight around my tummy, I can't recall the number of times that I have been asked this question. It mortified me the first few times. I have now learnt to smile and shake it off. It still hurts though, when somebody asks me in front of my husband and he laughs his head off :001_huh: