Menu

Boston trip

Any ideas on which Boston suburb to stay for a vacation?

We are looking for a large family suite hotel or handicap accessible apartment vacation rental? We'll will have our wheelchair van to drive to the nearest T stop (I'll have to make sure that stop is accessible!)

*Family of 6

*Wheelchair

*We need to park our wheelchair van nearby

*Affordable!

I just don't know what areas to research hotels? We are driving up for spring break from the Southeast and we want to see the historic sites in the Boston, Plymouth, Lexington & Concord and see a ballgame at Fenway. We really want to all go together, but I can't figure out how to make it work with a severely disabled 17yo! Advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Edited by LNC

There was a recent post on almost this same exact topic (family was looking for neighborhoods outside of Boston that would be relatively inexpensive.)

My advice then and now is to go online, check where the T stops are. I grew up in Melrose - a lovely suburb outside of Boston. You wouldn't go wrong with a place there.

- C

Hi,

There are countless suburbs and hotels that are within the range of the subway system in Boston, so I'm not sure how to help with that... but the Medford hotel you linked looks quite nice and Wellington is an easy station to get to.

But I did look at the MBTA website for you and found this link that highlights T accessibility. About half way down the page is a link to the system map including accessibility info.

Hope you enjoy your time here!! We love living near Boston!