Menu

Tumbler, Redit etc. for silly ignoramuses like me :)

*sheepishly*

I know I could probably wiki this, but I just want someone to explain quickly and simply how some of these things work.

Is Redit like. . . someone responds to an article and a whole thread starts on it?

What about Tumbler? You set up a tumbler account and can post or repost things that interest you and others can comment.

I understand Twitter, basically.

Maybe this could be a thread to explain all sorts of information sharing. . . platforms (if not "platforms" what's the nomenclature for this group of information sharing. . .stuff).

Anyone interested?

TIA, everyone!

Tumblr is like a blog. You can either set it to private or share with others. I find it more picture heavy. Kind of like a Twitter feed but more with images.

Redit is like a huge headline warehouse, in which people can share news and info links, vote of their worth, debate, discuss, etc. It's a more fluid version of Fark.

Does this help?

Tumblr is like a blog. You can either set it to private or share with others. I find it more picture heavy. Kind of like a Twitter feed but more with images.

Redit is like a huge headline warehouse, in which people can share news and info links, vote of their worth, debate, discuss, etc. It's a more fluid version of Fark.

Does this help?

Ok, I think I get Tumbl now. Redit=Fark. (LOL, I've never even seen the word "Fark" before). :)