Menu

Dinner help needed ASAP -- Sauce for pork tenderloin?

I've had a pork tenderloin going in my crock pot all day, and just realized that I'm missing a key ingredient in the sauce I was planning on making. I don't have the car, so I can't run to the store.

What can I whip up with just routine fridge/pantry stuff to pour over the tenderloin? We're having roasted brussel sprouts and cheese grits as sides, if that helps.

Honey mustard sauce!

2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard

1-1/2 Tablespoons honey

1-1/2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar

1 Tablespoon apple juice

2 cloves of garlic, minced

In a small bowl combine Dijon mustard, honey, apple cider vinegar, apple juice, 1 teaspoon olive oil and minced garlic. Simmer on stove until everything melds beautifully and pour over the pork. (adjust amounts as needed/desired)

You could make the Apple Cidar Vinegar sauce, which I love.

2/3 cup Apple Cidar vinegar

2 T balsamic vinegar

1-2 T butter

You can also add a little brown sugar to this.

Melt the butter in a saucepan, whisk in the vinegars. Cook down just a bit.

Or you could try Balsamic Vinegar Sauce:

1/4 cup balsamic vinegar

1/4 cup chicken broth

1-2 T butter

Simmer down some apple cider or apple juice to about 1/2 to 1/4 volume. Add some cranberries and sweeten as desired. I season it with ginger and a tiny bit of nutmeg. Makes a great tart apple glaze. If still thin, I use a bit of cornstarch to thicken.

Drat! I wanted to win! :D

How about this nutella marinade, perhaps?

1/4 cup onion, chopped

1 TBS Nutella

1/4 cup espresso (instant is fine)

2 TBS extra virgin olive oil

1/2 tsp cumin

1/2 tsp cayenne pepper

Lemon juice from half of a lemon

Saute the onions in a pan over medium high heat for about 2 to 3 minutes. In a food processor, mix together the Nutella, olive oil, espresso (you have to make it beforehand), cooked onions, squeezed juice from half of a lemon, and the cayenne and cumin. Mix together until it appears to be well blended.

Can be used as a marinade or just simmered stovetop and drizzled gracefully, decadently, over the meat.

Drat! I wanted to win! :D

How about this nutella marinade, perhaps?

1/4 cup onion, chopped

1 TBS Nutella

1/4 cup espresso (instant is fine)

2 TBS extra virgin olive oil

1/2 tsp cumin

1/2 tsp cayenne pepper

Lemon juice from half of a lemon

Saute the onions in a pan over medium high heat for about 2 to 3 minutes. In a food processor, mix together the Nutella, olive oil, espresso (you have to make it beforehand), cooked onions, squeezed juice from half of a lemon, and the cayenne and cumin. Mix together until it appears to be well blended.

Can be used as a marinade or just simmered stovetop and drizzled gracefully, decadently, over the meat.

DH is REALLY lucky I didn't see this before I made the sauce. He's not a Nutella fan, but I wouldn't have cared.