Menu

Help with curriculum for autistic brother

mhaddon

Hello my little brother is currently in "7th" grade and my mom pulled him out of school this week. He has bounced between teachers and classes because they do not know how to work with him. He is at a 3rd grade reading level, doesn't have his multiplication facts down, and theaturity of possibly first grader. His handwriting is bad as well. My mom is trying to figure out what to buy with a $300 budget and was going to order A.C.E, based on that is what her friend uses. I don't think he's going to do well with textbook learning. He loves science. Also computer acess is limited and my mom had learning disabilities herself. This should be interesting to see how it works out, but she's going through with it and I want her to at least have a chance for him to improve. Her organization skills and record keeping are almost nonexistent and he usually talks his way out of everything. Oh boy.

How are things going for your brother?

Check out Timberdoodle.com they have an autism section and lots of toys/games that could work for him.

Maybe joining a homeschool charter school might help your mom get the resources she needs as well as help her do all the paperwork/legal blah blah plus they provide special ed services. My son got services through a charter school that he somehow couldn;t get while he was in regular school.