Menu

Catholic and using MFW?

WIS0320

I'm tempted to find Adventures used to look at as I think it sounds like a fun program to use in the future. My big concerns are that it is evangelical Christian and YE. I'm neither!

I've never seen a MFW curriculum so I have no idea if the religious parts are integrated to the point that it would be a headache to alter for a Catholic family?

Hi, I'm using Adventures and I'd be happy to look through the book and answer questions for you if you can tell me what to look for. I'm not Catholic so I don't know what kinds of things would cause a problem. YOu may not agree with the timeline dates but that wouldn't be hard to change.

I used MFW 1st I didn't feel that it had any particular theological stance just general basic Bible.

I would just like to add that my boys are loving Adventures, they are so excited about the history notebook they are making and show it to everyone who comes in. Also I have noticed that they are working harder to write and color neatly because they know the work is going into the notebook, this is making me happy.

I'm sure you could also call MFW and talk to them about specific issues. Also there are samples online.

We love Adventures so far, I see why so many people say it has been their best hs year.

We just started using Adventures this year, and we are having a lot of fun. Here is the description of the Bible study in Adventures from MFW website.

"Learn how wonderful Jesus is as you study about the Bread of Life, the Lamb of God, the Good Shepherd, the Rock, and more. Includes hands-on activities and memory verses. Children enthusiastically read the Bible for themselves using the NIrV Discoverer's Bible for Young Readers. This Bible, based on the NIV and adapted for begining readers, uses large 12-point type."

HTH

We are Catholic and used Adventures last year. I actually didn't use the program fully and just used it for history. We had no problems with that. Didn't use the bible studies at all. Since I haven't used the program completely, I can't give the best answer, but I think you can change anything that needs to be changed.