Menu

Is there something like R&S grammar?

Sarahkay

DS9 is a grammar guru and actually looks forward to the subject. Weird, I know. We just started R&S4 for grammar. The content is solid, but he's so distracted by the language, examples, and illustrations. He finds them old-fashioned and folksy. He's not mocking or making fun of the publisher, it's just that he can't relate to farming and the simple life portrayed. I know this sounds ridiculous, but he can't look past it.

Last year we used k12 grammar. I don't know if k12 developed their own grammar or used another publisher and just put it under the k12 brand. But he really like k12 grammar.

So, any suggestions for solid grammar like R&S but that's a little more contemporary?

Or any ideas on what k12 uses? Thanks!

I looked at GWG last night -- might be a good match. It's nuts-n-bolts and written to the kid. And no references to Father and the farm :-)

I'm not familiar with Saxon grammar. I thought they were just math. Which I'm using this year for the first time. Which has turned math=tantrum into math=manageable and pleasant. My DS (who's not mathy, but very language-y) said he feels like a college student using graph paper to work out the problems.