Menu

Bastrop, TX

Anyone see this on homeschoolclassifieds:

new.gif9/14/11 Fellow Homeschoolers: We have an URGENT need to provide free curriculum (used or new) to displaced homeschoolers affected by recent fires in Bastrop, TX. (Over 35,000 acres burned and 1500 homes lost.) We have identified at least 20 homeschooling families in need and the numbers are expected to grow. These families have lost, in many cases, EVERYTHING. Curriculum Needs are being identified here. (See the Notes Section for specific needs.) Curriculum can be mailed (see address on FB) to the Distribution Center in Bastrop. See the FB page and/or email wildfirehelp@yahoo.com to see how you can help. Thank you!

The link takes you to a facebook page.

Thanks for sharing! This is an ad that I sent to Homeschool Classifieds and they graciously posted! Trying to get the word out.

I also have a post in the "Want to Buy" re this same cause w/ the needs list there. I will update needs and requests as they come in. I have received several acknowledgements for items today from this group - thanks!

Please see the FB page as directed above in this thread and/or my post in the Want to Buy section here on the forum (tag Bastrop, user id wixsond) for more details. Or, even better, I think this is the link to my post! http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?t=311362

Thanks much!

Dana Wixson

Yes, it's the same coordinated effort on Amazon. If you don't have something used on the list (that's posted on FB) and just want to shop new, go to Amazon and see their wish list using the email wildfirehelp at yahoo dot com. You'll be helping families get their lives back during a difficult time. Schooling for the kids is really an important part of that.

Thanks!!

Dana

Awesome! They also have a blog site now, with more static information as to how you can help. http://bastrophomeschoolerswildfirehelp.blogspot.com/ As I think I mentioned earlier, you can send curriculum (check the needs list and let them know what's coming); use Amazon to buy something on the list (if you want to help, but don't have anything to donate); or now, per their blog spot, send cash (100% goes to victims) via paypal. Thanks!!! Dana Wixson :grouphug: