Menu

Book on CD/mp3 Suggestions

pahansen

Hooray! We're all able to go with my husband on his business trip to DC next week -- which makes for a cheap vacation and easy school next week!

:party:

I have a fair idea of an itinerary (although any suggestions of off-the-beaten path things your kids love in D.C. are appreciated). What I'm looking for is suggestions for something to listen to in the car. Our kids love listening to the radio and to short radio shows, but we've never tried books on CD/mp3 before. We'll have a roughly 5 hour drive each way, but I don't want the whole thing to be one story.

What did your kids like at the 4-8 age range? They're all fairly sophisticated verbally, so it doesn't have to be simplistic. We'll have a roughly 5 hour drive each way, but I don't expect to spend the whole time on one story. (We'll need music and baby-is-crying breaks!)

Bonus points for anything that is remotely related to Washington (D.C. or the person), American history, or the states. :D

Thanks!

--Pamela

Homer Price by Robert McCloskey (and it's sequel Centerburg Tales) - I know this has been a hit with 4 yrs old - teenagers (and parents!)

Mercy Watson books by Kate DiCamillo

Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle books -- working on them now

Freddy the Pig -- will try this week, but it came recommended by another HS family.

Adventures in Oddysey series by Focus on the Family - 30 min radio programs compiled onto a CD, dramatized