Menu

Lial PreCalc Scheduling?

I've searched back to Jan 2009 and not found a post that addresses this specifically...I've read Jann in TX's posts about scheduling Intermediate Algebra, and am wondering if I will schedule PreCalc the same? I.E., 2 days for each lesson--odds only, and 1-2 days for review--all problems, and 1 day for test? Although I don't have solutions for all the problems in the review, only the odds... Is there anything I need to watch out for, or any help anyone can give me? I'd sure appreciate it! :-)

There is an Instructor's Guide that gives scheduling options: block scheduling and standard scheduling. It tells how many problems and which lessons to complete every day. The book also comes with a CD-ROM that has the complete solutions manual and tests in PDF form. It looks like Key Curriculum Press, which formerly sold the books, is now selling them under the name Kendall Hunt. Here is the link for the textbook:

http://www.kendallhunt.com/precalculuswithtrigonometry/

Here is the link for the program supplements (the instructor guide is in this list):

http://www.kendallhunt.com/K12ProgramComponents.aspx?id=24596

Hope this helps! We just bought the guide from someone on the board, and it looks great.

I scheduled Lial's PreCalc the same way I did Intermediate Algebra. There were some lessons where even doing just the odds was too much, so as long as she understood the lesson I would have her do every other odd and if they were correct I had her move on. It worked fine.

Yvonne in NE