Menu

15 yo with pdd

Ok...so my son did full psych. ed and neuropsychological testing and they said he DOSNT have ADHD but has PDD NOS. Says he really doesnt test to have LD. Amazing. He is functioning at a 7th grade level in all his tests and his intellectual abilities are at a 7th grade level right now...which means no deficiency and no LD. (even though he is in 10th grade)Kind of confusing...but I guess he is functioning where he can which means technically he doesnt have a LD but she did include it.

I was shocked to see PDD as he is my most social kid. My middle child, 10, is my aspie who is the exact characteristic child. This is my social butterfly kid that knows every adults name in the neighborhood. He doenst do well with kids his own age, though. I guess he tested very poorly on those areas. It was just a bit of a shock to think he could be 15 and we didnt see it.

The psychologist was stressing on how much I seemed to have raised his abilities homeschooling him. She had his old tests compared to after being homeschooled and she says either the school did an amazing job in the last year or I did an amazing job homeschooling him and she highly doubts it was the public school ...made me feel very good!! ;) She still recommends he remains in PS with lots of afterschooling with me since he really needs to work on his social aspects even if he is just getting the basics. Which I figured and am happy with. I am loving his new High school and he is in a culinary arts program which now is making him LOVE school!!

She says the Sonlight program we used was perfect since his oral Comprehension was equal to a grade 18+ Guess I will be reading aloud or playing tapes to learn!!

Edited by mchel210