Menu

Mom and dad under mandatory evac and not going anywhere

For Irene.

I talked to them while it was still voluntary and they sound like they have everything under control. But still I worry a bit. It's only a "2" and the brunt of it won't be there long. But it's a big storm. The storm is still off the coast of GA, but I'm already getting outer bands (very outer bands!) of rain here.

I know they will be smart. But I so don't want them to have issues. Not just the issues, but mom will do to much in the clean up and hurt her back again.

IL are 20 minutes away from my folks and are under voluntary evac. Hopefully MIL is considered "very bad off" and they keep her in the hospital. She's had 4 back surgeries in 3 months. She is in such pain. I fear that if they send her home, she'll get a hold of the pain pills and OD, on purpose.

Not like they can go anywhere anyway. The interstate is a parking lot and the other main highway isn't much better.

Ok, fears are spilled. I don't want to worry the kids and dh is either in meetings or training. And there isn't anything we can do anyway. They are 4 1/2 hours away!

:grouphug: My parents are well outside the evacuation zone, but under the hurricane warning. I wish they would come here. They are staying put. My grandmother is staying with my mom. My dad is a correctional officer on madatory duty. There's no telling when he will get back home.

My dh took the day off work and made the 2 hour drive to go get supplies for his father and step mother. It would have been nice if my brother in-law and my mil's children could have stepped in. They live in the same city, but didn't have time.:glare: The in-laws cannot come here because of their mobility issues and they do not tolerate the children for long periods of time.

Can you say where they are?

I'm in the hampton roads area.

Did you check the online local places for them and see exactly what they area dealing with?

Have they been here long? Do they have expectations?

Are they prepared for it?

I know our family thinks we are "CRAZY" for not leaving. BUt I know the area, we have some thoughts on what to expect. We are totally prepared with food and supplies.

Also they are really saying things are getting better for our area in terms of the size and power of the storm

Can you say where they are?

I'm in the hampton roads area.

Did you check the online local places for them and see exactly what they area dealing with?

Have they been here long? Do they have expectations?

Are they prepared for it?

I know our family thinks we are "CRAZY" for not leaving. But I know the area, we have some thoughts on what to expect. We are totally prepared with food and supplies.

Also they are really saying things are getting better for our area in terms of the size and power of the storm

They are near Langley. They know what's coming. We were there through Gloria back when I was in high school. I know they have everything they need but it's still worrisome. :-)

They are near Langley. They know what's coming. We were there through Gloria back when I was in high school. I know they have everything they need but it's still worrisome. :-)

ah very near me then, could be really near depending on what side of Langley they are on.

I will say the new reports are that it won't be as bad.

we shall see. I am not in the mandatory evacuations though.

we did put our car in the downtown garage to keep it dry