Menu

For those in Upstate SC

I've seen several on here (mostly on the Irene threads, lol) from Upstate South Carolina. Just to let you ladies know, I started a homeschool group on Meetup. There is no statement of faith to sign, it is an all inclusive group for homeschooling moms, dads or both. While we aren't secular (in regards to an absence of organized religion), we aren't faith specific. All faiths are welcome; be it Pagan, Agnostic, Catholic, Protestant, Muslim, Atheist - you get my drift. I started the group after being kicked out of a group because I couldn't sign their statement of faith (which I wasn't informed about until after my daughter had started to interact within the group). While I also belong to another (wonderful, large) faith specific homeschool group, this Meetup, all inclusive group is my own pride and joy.

Look us up. Right now we are only 8 members strong and most are homeschoolers with preschoolers or Kindergartners. It would be lovely to have some older children (I have a 10 year old daughter). Our end goal (I think) is to have a co-op setting, as well as it just being a place for companionship and friendship.

We are having our first planning meeting this Saturday at my home :o)

http://www.meetup.com/Greenville-Area-Homeschool-Group/