Menu

I'm Loving "Hold on to your Child"

I really needed to read this right now. I needed a little affirmation because I can get so caught up with: is this the right curriculum, should I change that curriculum, blah, blah, blah. I forgot that I also home school for the health of the whole child, not just academically, but also emotionally and psychologically. I feel like homeschooling is kin to the a salmon swimming against the tide, I just get tired. But while I'm reading this book, I realize trying to lesson plan and finishing a worksheet is not the ultimate goal I'm trying to achieve.

For those who have read this book, what nugget of wisdom did you come away with?

Guest submarines
TheApprentice;3077284]I really needed to read this right now. I needed a little affirmation because I can get so caught up with: is this the right curriculum, should I change that curriculum, blah, blah, blah. I forgot that I also home school for the health of the whole child, not just academically, but also emotionally and psychologically. I feel like homeschooling is kin to the a salmon swimming against the tide, I just get tired. But while I'm reading this book, I realize trying to lesson plan and finishing a worksheet is not the ultimate goal I'm trying to achieve.

:iagree:

For those who have read this book, what nugget of wisdom did you come away with?

I try to "collect" my kids before starting any discussion or making a request or correction / discipline. Ideally I spend a couple of minutes being on their wave length, and focussing on what they are focused on at the moment, before trying to get their attention redirected to what I want them to be doing.

Guest submarines
I tried to look it up but all i found was "Hold onto your Kids". Is this the same thing?

Good point! "Hold on to your Kids" is the one I read.