Menu

A thumbs up for TTC Events that Changed History

Actually it's The World Was Never the Same: Events that Changed History by Rufus Fears.

We are watching this during our lunch hour (30 minute lectures) and have really enjoyed it. Fears takes an "event" and discusses why he feels it was a "history changer". In the beginning lecture he sets forth the parameters he feels must be met for an event to be a history changer. This course is similar to the Books That Made History: Books that Can Change Your Life course which I enjoyed but the boys haven't yet watched.

A couple of things I learned today: circumcision was an Egyptian custom, and China and India had no "code" comparable to the Code of Hammurabi. This is my 3rd time to go through ancient history and these slipped right through my mind :D

It's a fun, informative course that can be a springboard for deeper study. We are going through it quickly because we're focusing on the Middle Ages/Church history right now. But I forsee that when we get to that portion of the course, we will slow down and dig deeper.

We give it a big thumbs up :001_smile:

Actually it's The World Was Never the Same: Events that Changed History by Rufus Fears.

We are watching this during our lunch hour (30 minute lectures) and have really enjoyed it. Fears takes an "event" and discusses why he feels it was a "history changer". In the beginning lecture he sets forth the parameters he feels must be met for an event to be a history changer. This course is similar to the Books That Made History: Books that Can Change Your Life course which I enjoyed but the boys haven't yet watched.

A couple of things I learned today: circumcision was an Egyptian custom, and China and India had no "code" comparable to the Code of Hammurabi. This is my 3rd time to go through ancient history and these slipped right through my mind :D

It's a fun, informative course that can be a springboard for deeper study. We are going through it quickly because we're focusing on the Middle Ages/Church history right now. But I forsee that when we get to that portion of the course, we will slow down and dig deeper.

We give it a big thumbs up :001_smile:

My boys would love something like this, much more so than the Algebra I and II lectures that should arrive tomorrow.:D Thanks for the thumbs up.

I almost didn't "recognize" you with your new avatar.

I almost didn't "recognize" you with your new avatar.

LOL! I was finding that several others had similar avatars so I opted for a new one. This one is suiting my feelings pretty well right now. I'm in a Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy mood these days ("always know where your towel is" - I tell this to the boys often or I end up with a ginormous load of towels).